8/27/07

Last night I dreamt..

I was at an auto show. It was crowded and I remember G showing me a new model of the Smart Roadster. We both thought it was super cool. The car was gold. We walked around for a while and then we found a spot on the floor to lie down. It was understood that we were all spending the night in the convention center. Everybody looked for their own place and then we all fell asleep. I was very comfortable, despite sleeping on the floor. I remember waking up beside G and watching a blond woman, also on the floor, smoke a cigarette. I was thinking that there was no smoking allowed in the convention center but I didn't say anything. I just continued to watch her smoke. Suddenly, a man rushed from behind a curtain and I realized that he was the head of security and also, Michael Douglas. He yelled at the woman, "I knew someone was smoking out here!" He slammed his foot down into her chest to make her drop the cigarette. Then he reached down and grabbed the woman by her neck, holding her in the air, and shaking her. Somehow, she got away from him and dropped to the floor. She stood up, crying and holding her throat. All of this happened right in front of me and finally, I stood up, and blocked the path of Michael Douglas. He stopped. I pointed at him and in a shaky, frightened voice, said, "How dare you?" I said some other things about hitting women and for some odd reason, he was afraid of me. He actually started backing away. All of a sudden, everyone was awake and staring at us. G was standing behind me but he didn't say a word. The woman said she wanted to call the police and Michael Douglas walked away to make the call. Everyone was silent as I comforted the woman. I told her I would be a witness to the crime for the police and G gave her his business card. But he wrote down another name on the back - Todd. I thought that was strange. Then I started looking around at all of the faces staring at me. I was fuming mad. I was screaming, but only in my head, not out loud, why didn't anyone help this woman? How could they stand there and watch the assault and not say something, or do something? Then I saw 50 Cent in the crowd. He was nodding at me, and he told me, not out loud but in my head, that I did the right thing, that everything was going to be ok. I nodded back. And then I woke up.

2 comments:

R. Duckie said...

Weird, are you on some kind of cold meds?

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Runaway Rubber Duckie*

Yes! I'm feeling better but still taking the cold tablets. They knock me out for hours and my dreams are really freaky.