4/22/07

Lippenstift

G is in NYC with his Father until next week, so yesterday, I spent the entire afternoon shopping. I went to Marienplatz because in addition to looking for new jeans (I'm so over straight legs), I needed to pick up a new nude lipstick from MAC. After changing my hair color, my favorite everyday pink lipstick now looks a little cartoonish! Well after six hours and a gazillion stores, I came home with a white cotton T-shirt from H&M. That's it. I can't explain it. I saw so many things I liked but once I tried them on, everything was just blah. Don't you hate that? And despite the super nice boy (wearing more make up than any girl in the area) from MAC, helping me try on about 15 shades of lipstick and liners, I couldn't make a decision. I didn't buy one! You know he wanted to scratch my eyes out.

10 comments:

jen said...

you can get MAC here?

Maria said...

I totally understand. You go shopping wanting to buy stuff, but once you are there, you just don't want to buy anything!

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Jen*
YES! And every product is the same AND in stock. You can imagine my search for foundation last year...

Maria*
So frustrating, right?

Maria said...

Definitely frustrating!

Anonymous said...

Shopping is a pain in the ass. Murphy`s law: if you go looking for a specific something, you won`t get it. But! After a week buying something that`s not what you wanted but close enough, you go out with a friend and find a dozen variations of the thing you originally wanted. I think I´m sticking to T-shirts for now, too.

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

I can never find what I want when I have my mind set on something. But I did just pick up a great Long Lasting Lipwear at the MAC shop in Hackescher Markt in Berlin (I drug hubby along and he HATED it!).

justmysize said...

hi - I'm an American moving to Munchen and came across your blog. Perfect timing too, as I was just wondering what clothing/products I should stock up on before I move! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Just My Size*
Congrats on the move! Easy answer to your question: Bring everything! Four seasons = clothes for every situation. Summer is pretty mild, but the winter is no joke - it's cooooold. Stock up on outerwear (gloves, hats, scarves) and you should be fine.

justmysize said...

thanks - and good to know I don't need to stock up on the MAC lip conditioner. Although since I'm coming from SF, I don't think I even have cold weather clothes to bring!

EuroTrippen said...

Man, I need to move to Munich. In Dresden I'm lucky if I can find maybelline, much less MAC.