6/28/07

Mein erster Film auf Deutsch

Last night, instead of heading to our regular (original version) movie theater, I chose to watch Hostel 2, in German. G and I were fans of the first Hostel, and we talked about every gory detail for days. Actually, G never watched a horror film before I rented Saw. Isn't that crazy? He hadn't seen the classics like Friday the 13th, A Nightmare On Elmstreet, or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre...and the sequels and the prequels:) After Saw, he was hooked! So after a long wait, we were excited to see Hostel 2. Surprisingly, even with Quentin Tarantino involved, Hostel 2 was not as original or scary as the first. I still had to cover my eyes on some parts but we both were underwhelmed. But! For my first film in German, I could understand a lot more than I thought I would. I mean the story line is pretty simple - go to the hostel, get kidnapped, get killed - but overall, I wasn't playing catch up with every scene.

3 comments:

Jul said...

Congrats on your first film auf Deutsch! The first German-language film I saw in the theater was Das Boot, the director's cut (it was re-released in the 90s when I lived in Germany). Huge mistake - I'm pretty sure I would have been bored to tears even if I had understood each and every word!

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

Congrats! Like Jul, I made a bad choice for my first film auf Deutsch. I went to see Der Untergang and slept through the middle of it.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Jul & Christina*

Danke:)