6/9/07

Eierlikörkuchen!


This is my first cake baked from scratch! I am very proud of myself considering every other cake I've tried to bake has either burned, fallen apart, or inexplicably resisted turning into a solid form, no matter how long I've kept it in the oven. G's Mom bakes cakes that look like they should be in a Martha Stewart magazine and they taste even better. So with her expertise and my sheer will to learn, I will try to bake a new cake every couple of weeks. And I plan on posting pictures, no matter what happens:) The first time I tasted Eierlikörkuchen, (egg/liquor/cake), I immediately thought - Grandma's Pound Cake! My Grandmother bakes a lemon glazed, moist, and buttery pound cake that literally melts in your mouth. This cake is similar but with a hint of Eierlikör.

And to make my success even sweeter, G surprised me with..

2 comments:

Maria said...

Kick ass! You will turn in to a Betty Crocker prodigy yet! :-)

BTW-- I am tagging you, so you had better do this! Ha ha. If you don't, I might have to come to Germany and kick your little behind! I don't care if you tag anyone, but still...oh, and I posted mine on "A Piece of My Mind."

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.

2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

I'm gonna get you girl:)

Do you know how long it's going to take me to do this!?!