5/15/07

Good Times

Well, after an extended weekend in Frankfurt and Köln, we are back home. On Saturday, we met Maria. We hung out with The Boy, had some world renown "Breakfast Punch", and headed to the Frankfurt Skyliners Basketball Game. I should mention that I was sweating and starting to talk loud before we even got to the game! Maria, I hope you pass on that recipe again.....I know you told me already but I can't remember:) The basketball game was pretty much the same as an NBA game in the US, with the exception of shorter periods and a smaller arena. And even though we lost, the fans were very loyal and supportive of the guys. After the game we all went to a party for the team at Sansibar, a fantabulous club with killer house music. We will definitely be retuning over the summer. Oh, and Maria picked up a can of Pam for me - I'm baking bread right now, as we speak.

Here's a picture of Ginger, Roby's future wife.

Sunday morning, we took G's Mother to the Frankfurt Intercontinental for Mother's Day Brunch. The food was excellent and the presentation was beautiful. Then we headed to Köln.

The Kölner Dom is breathtaking!


After doing the tourist thing all day, we had cocktails with another couple from Mannheim and called it a night. Monday, I spent the entire day shopping (G had meetings) but unfortunately, I did not find my wedding gown. But I did manage to find my way around the downtown area with a map. Definitely a first for me!


4 comments:

Maria said...

How did the bread turn out? :)

Anonymous said...

As a chocolate girl myself who loves Germany (Munich is my favorite cities) I am glad to find your blog. Having lived in Germany, I know you face unique challenges and I will be reading your blog religiously. I have been searching for a 'German blog of color' for a while and I finally found one. Thanx for blogging!

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

The bread was soooo good:) I baked a second loaf today!


Anonymous*

Thank YOU for stopping by! Are you still in Europe?

Anonymous said...

As a (much?) older "Schokoladen-Girl" who hails from Pennsylvania, and has been in Germany for more than 30 years (yep, MUCH older), I have really enjoyed reading your blog.

You've been bookmarked, Mädel!