5/11/07

A Back Up Plan

Ich bin allein! We are in Frankfurt for a couple of days and then we are headed to Köln. G had a meeting in Koblenz and his parents are working so it's just me and Roby. So what's a girl to do? SHOP! And naturally, I've been shopping online for more gowns. I'm starting to realize that the probability of me finding my gown in Deutschland is slim. And to be honest, I'm getting tired of searching. Finding your one and only wedding gown is supposed to be fun - not a headache! I didn't want to order a gown from the US (via my Mom) because of alteration issues. But I may take that chance. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I find something in Köln. In the meantime, I thought about the easiest option for buying a formal evening gown in the US - department stores. I'm really getting desperate, huh?! But surprisingly, I found some fantastic gowns from Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom. I really like this first gown...extremely simple but fabulous all the same!



6 comments:

Maria said...

I like that first one best too! :)

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

Yeah, I like the first one. A nice pretty champagne color. I looked at Nieman Marcus & Nordstrom too at evening gowns (you should check Saks as well), but didn't find anything at the time that I loved.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mari. The second one is nice, too.

Fiwibabe said...

Which one did you end up going with?

BTW, love the shots of the goodies in Africa. I have been to Swaziland three times and came back laden. Gorgeous!

Shoe Diva x

Anonymous said...

The idea to go with an evening gown is a good one. The first one is stunning, the others are more in line with 'wedding dress' expectations but also beautiful.

The dresses you've posted are all gorgeous, but you never know how gorgeous they really are until you see it on your body. Have you thought of just biting the bullet, booking a cheap flight and hotel and doing a well-planned marathon shopping trip to New York (or NJ where there is no sales tax on clothing)?

If you decide you want a corset and skirt custom made, let me know, my San Francisco designer may still be regularly visiting a boyfriend in Munich...

Anonymous said...

I like all of them, but the last one is my favorite:))

Paula