8/22/08

Mama's Bread Pudding

One of my fondest childhood memories, is running through the house with a square of my Mom's bread pudding in hand, savoring each bite. And if I was really good, I could have a square for breakfast! As an adult, I have tried a lot of different varieties of bread pudding, homemade and in restaurants, but not one has measured up to my Mom's. Before we left for Virginia, my Mom made her bread pudding for G for the first time. She served it straight from the oven with caramel sauce. He loved it. So much that I promised him I would ask her for the recipe so that I could try to bake it. Well, she finally told me the ingredients, the old school way - with no exact measurements. I knew I wouldn't be able to duplicate hers so I added apples to my version and guess what? It turned out awesome! I served my bread pudding after it had cooled, the way my Mom used to serve it to me. And because G was good, I let him have a square for breakfast.

4 comments:

Anja said...

Yum yum.... could I have a piece ;-).


Looks delicious!

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Anja*

Danke!

Oh how I wish I could send you a square - if you could send me some Kaiserschmarrn!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so you know that I'm going to have to kidnap you mom and have her make some bread pudding for me, now, don't you?????????

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Caratime2*

Ha! She would go willingly!