7/22/08

Two in a Million!

BERLIN
Twin boys of radically differing skin color have been born in a one-in-a-million chance to a German father and Ghanaian mother in a Berlin hospital, doctors have announced. The twins, born by Caesarean section, came into the world on July 11. But details were kept from the public until the press were invited to the clinic to see the delighted parents - Florence, 35, and the father Stephan, 40, and photograph them with their twin boys. Hospital authorities said the non-identical, or biovular, twins were definitely full brothers, with the same father. The probability of a birth of this kind was one in a million. Ryan, who weighed 2.650 kilos, is distinctly lighter in skin color than Leo, who was born weighing 2.606 kilos.
-Berliner Kurier

*After a little research, I found two additional cases. Isn't God amazing?!


6 comments:

M360 said...

this is freakin' awesome!

Anonymous said...

ha! that's pretty friggin' cool

Gardner said...

Wow! That is cool. I saw the headlines, but not the photos. Cool

Anonymous said...

I heard about this while on the way to work. The twins are adorable!


p.s. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I LOVE your blog and I feel you on learning german...I did it as a minor and it was tough!! I'm not fluent, but conversational and can get around now (Im 2 hours south of Berlin) but the endings kill me LOL.

Feel free to check out my blog if you'd like.

Anja said...

I saw the interview with the parents on TV also showing the twins. I did not even know this was possible!

The twins are so cute :-)

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Mental 360*

Do you see all of the wonderful possibilities interracial relationships bring:)

Deutlich*

How about it!

Gardner*

When I saw the photos I couldn't help smiling.

Niks00*

Thank you and WELCOME! I will definitely visit your blog.

Anja*

I didn't either!