5/25/08

Wii Can Dig It

Our Wii system arrived on Friday night! For our first night of gaming, we invited my Mom over - she has about the same amount of video game experience as G - and I cooked a big pot of Shrimp Jambalaya for dinner. We heard so many positive things about the system, mainly that it was very realistic and easy to play, so we were excited to see if it lived up to the hype. We decided to start with bowling. I really don't like bowling because basically I suck. But to my surprise, not on the Wii. You really don't have to have any skills, you just have to know how to mimic the movements of bowling. And my Mom won every game! It was really funny and cool to watch my 59 year old mother screaming and jumping up and down when she bowled a strike:) G and I really liked the boxing game. I broke out in a sweat trying to out punch him. We've been playing every night. We call it our training for Virginia. We have friends, another newlywed couple, and they are huge Wii players. We wanna be ready to throw down!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, we could kick your ass! And we have Guitar Hero. Word on the street is that my hubby wants Mario Cart. It's so on! ;)

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

Those are fighting words! Now we really need to practice! I want to buy Guitar Hero so bad - I've always wanted to rock out:)

Maria said...

My problem with GH is that I start rocking too much and then start missing notes! LOL!