5/14/08

Bridging the Gap

G and I have never agreed on TV shows.
I guess that's why, in Munich, we hardly ever watched TV together. Sometimes I would turn
on CNN in the morning but more than often,
the television would only serve as background music, with MTV Germany or VIVA playing. But now that we are back home in the US, something
really cool has happened...
A couple of weeks ago, we watched an episode of A&E's The First 48 and we were both instantly hooked. The show focuses on real life homicide investigations across the country. Every episode focuses on two different cases. It is real, in your face, emotional and sometimes aggravating television. Every Thursday night, we rush to eat dinner, load the dish washer, walk Denzel, and get back home in time for the new episodes! And another riveting real life series on A&E that we both enjoy is Intervention. It is unbelievable and shocking. It focuses on two addicts that believe they are participating in a documentary on addiction. But their families are actually planning and staging an intervention to help them enter into treatment. Almost every episode makes me cry. If you are into real life drama, tune in.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Sorry I haven't called. I am thinking about you all. Been real swamped though... maybe this weekend?

Anonymous said...

Omg, I LOVE The First 48! I was instantly hooked and watching it has cut into my valuable work and study time. I really like the Miami team of detectives, and also Nashville.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

No problem!
Let's talk this weekend for sure:)

Marsha*

I know the feeling - we have stayed up watching a marathon on more than one occasion.

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to you guys, except we still haven't found a show that we can watch together. He hates Lost, I just can't get into DSDS.

Have you guys seen The Dog Whisperer on National Geographic. I think that's another one you might enjoy together (although Rainer hates it and thinks it's all fake).

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Christina G*

My Mom loves that show but we don't have the NG channel. I'll have to check it out when I'm at her house. I'll get back to you:)