4/15/08

Poor Baby

It's better to be safe than sorry. With this thought in mind, we took Denzel to the Vet on Monday evening, after noticing that he wasn't eating or drinking as much as he normally does. We told the Vet about the horrific training session on Sunday and guess what? She was appalled. I knew I wasn't crazy. So, she examined Denzel and found that he was resisting when she tried to move his neck to the left or up and down. She said that his neck muscles were probably sore from being choked and prescribed an anti-inflammatory/pain medication. I was so angry. So we drove directly to PetSmart. We received a full refund and they will also pay for Denzel's Vet visit, as well as his medication. And the so called dog trainer? She's looking for a new job. Hopefully in a field that does not involve animals.

5 comments:

Anja said...

Unbelievable!

Hopefully Denzel will be better soon and will overcome his bad experience fully.

So after all, you were not overreacting at all!

LG aus NRW

Anja

christina said...

Poor little guy! I wondered about that "trainer" trying to use a regular leash as a collar - that can't be right.

I think a lot of time with animals/kids your intuition tells you a lot about a situation and if you get that gut feeling that something's wrong it's time to get OUT. I'm glad you guys did that. Let's hope your puppy is feeling better soon!

Maria said...

That's just crazy... all over again. I'm glad that Petsmart paid for everything. I just can't believe it was like that at Petsmart. We had such a positive experience with our trainer at our local shop-- all positive reinforcement! Anyway... hugs from Tulsa.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about the leash thing, too, because there is no way of guaranteeing that it isn't pulled too tight. Even if - as the trainer - I THOUGHT the dog was alright, under those circumstances I would have gone over to check a few times.

In any case, I'm glad Denzel will be ok, and that you guys listened to your gut reactions.

Random Esquire said...

I'd have come unglued. Good on you for going back and taking care of the situation.

-R.