4/21/08

First Impression

We love, love, love Virginia! After a week of house hunting, shopping, trying out some of the local restaurants, and hours of driving and exploring, we are so excited about living is such a beautiful state for the next two years. We will be living in Northern Virginia, which is only 30 minutes from Washington, D.C.. If I had to describe the area with one word, I'd have to say, it's very "GREEN"! I was overwhelmed by the abundance of trees. And from what we've been told, we can look forward to long hot summers and mild winters with very little snow - woo hoo! The homes and neighborhoods are gorgeous but expensive. Unfortunately, we did not make a final decision on a house. We are set to move in June so we will be taking another look-see trip in May. We both decided to narrow the search down to one area in particular so I'm not worried at all about finding something. The only bad part about our visit was that I didn't take any pictures in Virginia because I was too busy looking at floor plans, calculating square footage, and comparing closet space! But I managed to snap a few shots in Washington.

No comments: