4/23/08

The Blue Nile(s)

Remember the Blue Nile restaurant in Munich, where we celebrated Thanksgiving last year? Well, there is another Blue Nile restaurant in Michigan. And it knocks the one in Munich out of the park! Not the service, just the food. To be honest, I've found that in all of the Ethiopian restaurants I've visited, and I've probably been to around 6, the staff has always been incredibly friendly, with great service. I appreciate that just as much as I appreciate the flavorful food. I remember a friend and I were working in Boston and we discovered that we both loved Ethiopian food. So we looked up the address of a well known Ethiopian restaurant online and decided to just jump in a cab and head over. Well, that cab ride was the most shocking cab ride I have ever taken. We went from downtown city lights to a war zone! We were afraid to get out the cab. But like I said, we really love Ethiopian food. So made a run for the door and decided to stay. And I'm so glad we did because that dinner was the best Ethiopian food I've ever tasted. And from the inside, the restaurant was quiet and cozy and the staff was so sweet. We drank a lot of honey wine and laughed through the entire dinner. It was totally worth the risk.

This is a typical vegetarian meal.

Injera, the spongy bread you use to pick up your food.
No forks allowed!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Maybe my problem was I had the meat? Not at the Blue Nile, but this place in DC. It wasn't very good at all. Hmm...

cliff1976 said...

Which Blue Nile in the Detroit area did you go to? I've only been to the one in Ferndale (used to live near it), but I loved it all three times I'd been there. I miss that.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

G orders the meat all the time and he loves it. Maybe you have to try it again at a different spot:)

Cliff1976*

We went to the one in Ferndale too!

Random Esquire said...

Ahh, I've eaten at that Blue Nile! In fact, one of my first dates with Boss was there. It's excellent. There are a lot of great places for Ethiopian in Chicago. Some of my favorite foods. Mmm, that made me hungry for it.

-R.