9/7/07

Alterations

Today was the third and last fitting for my wedding gown. I knew I would have to get alterations if I bought my gown in the US. I took a big risk, not even trying the gown on before buying it and then having it shipped to Germany. Too many accidents just waiting to happen, right? But, God is good. My gown made it here and luckily, my only problem was in the thigh area - I needed it taken in. Easy enough. No major alterations. Miraculously, the first Bekleidungsservice I called, turned out to be fantastic. They are extremely polite, patient, and no matter how many times I've changed my mind about my damn train, very accommodating. And they speak English. So, today something odd happened. I've heard that story about how when a bride tries on her wedding dress, instantly she knows that dress is "the one." I've never really felt that way. The first couple of times I tried my gown on, I just concentrated on fixing it and finding the right accessories. I looked at the gown, not at myself, in the gown. Well today, as I stood in front of the mirror, even with my black sweat socks peeking out from under the hem, I felt it. I felt the nervousness of my one and only wedding day approaching. I felt the pride my Mom's going to feel. And I felt beautiful, hopefully the same way G will feel when he sees me for the first time. Today, I felt like a bride.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Awesome! I can not wait to see pictures. :)

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

I can't wait to see the pictures too! I just hope this non stop rain goes away, so we can get some cool shots outside.

Michelle said...

Aww - now that's sweet. You look gorgeous at the dog park, I can't imagine how great you will look in your dress!

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Michelle*

Thanks;)