11/12/09

Life Happens

Ok. It's obvious that this blog has fallen down my life's totem pole of priorities. It's not that I've lost interest or the desire. I still have funny stories, complaints, recipes, and adventures I want to share. There are still those moments in my life when I say to myself, "Gotta remember that for my blog." Or when I upload pictures and I see a shot that I want to immediately post, because I can't believe I've actually captured exactly what I was feeling at the time. It's just that now, instead of taking the 15 minutes to blog, I choose to do something else. Or something else just needs to be done. I started this blog to record and share the most precious and the most mundane aspects of my life. I didn't know that my blog would inadvertently bring new friends and even allow us to relive some of the most joyous and most painful events in our lives. Blogging has been a blessing. So I know that in time, I will figure out how to get my blogging grove back. Until then, please bear with my catch up posts:)

I teach an early Saturday morning class and to my surprise, G wakes up at 630am and actually takes the class. Every single Saturday. Sweet, right? Well, the other night, he says to me -

G: "So what's up with the Gays?"
S: "What?"
G: "The Gays. You know, the Gays...in your yoga class."
S: "WHAT are you talking about? The Gays?"
G: "The Gays! You always say, Take your gays to the left or up or over your shoulder."
S: "You mean GAZE? Your gaze means where you should look."
G: "Oh. Ok. I didn't know that word."

Priceless.


Recently, I had a super fun weekend with my girlfriend that I have known since I was about 12. G spent a weekend in Berlin so my girlfriend flew in to hang out. I didn't realize how much I needed some girl time. We talked for hours. It's crazy (and a little scary) how much we know about each other! And we had a fantastic dinner in Georgetown at a well known Ethiopian restaurant called Zed's. It's probably the best dinner I've had in DC so far. But I think that had a lot to do with the company.

I finally took my CPR/AED certification course. I've always wanted to take it and I'm finding that a lot of teaching positions require it. I'm happy that I took it and I feel confident with the skills that I've learned. HOWEVER. 5 hours? 5 hours for about an hour of information? Brutal.

4 comments:

Rhona said...

I totally understand. At least twice a year I go thru a blog lump but I eventually get back on the horse. I will wait you out. :)
Too hilarious with the "Gays"

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Rhonalala*

Danke:)

G's mouth = pure comedy!

Maria said...

Gays/Gaze. LOL! Oh how I miss you guys!

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

We miss you guys too!