11/16/09

Buttergebackenes

Ok, party people. In preparation for Christmas 09 and in response to the request of my poor husband, who has been begging me to bake Weihnachten Plaetzchen for three years now, I have finally baked my first batch of Buttergebackenes! These simple yet oh so buttery butter cookies are the result of my Mother in Law's recipe. She bakes these cookies every Christmas. My first batch tasted almost as good as hers :) but my cookies turned out thicker. I still have to find a balance in the thickness of the dough when I'm rolling it out. And I'd like to find some mini cookie cutters as opposed to the larger ones I picked up at W&S. Overall, I'm very happy with my first try. And I will definitely bake these again - this Christmas and many more to come.

3 comments:

Rhona said...

Um, looks good. Buttery goodness.

Anonymous said...

And they tasted really, really good, too.
G

Abritta Sülzbach-Bjorklund said...

aww
i miss german christmas time :S