1/16/09

My Yoga

I finally decided to go after my goal of becoming a certified yoga instructor. And after the first week of training, I am feeling a wide range of emotions. I am so excited to learn as much as I can and take advantage of the wonderful teachers I'm privileged to study with. I am eager to see the transformation in my body, in my strength and flexibility. I am ready and willing to open my mind to meditation. I'm nervous about keeping up with the women in my class. With my 6 foot frame, I sometimes feel like a giant compared to the petite flexible women who are constantly assuring me otherwise. I am charged in every class to push myself, to try to reach my full potential. G is so supportive of me and a little shocked - when I woke up at 8:59am one morning and literally tore through the house, racing to make it to my 9:30am power yoga class, he sat there with an open mouthed look of amazement on his face. He also gave me an encouraging present, my first and only (they have a life time guarantee) Manduka yoga mat. It's perfect for my weak knees. It will take six months for my certification and when I think about the amount of information and hours in front of me, it is a bit intimidating. But, most goals are. Here I go!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Ooo... that's awesome! :)

Downbeat said...

That's super exciting! I wish I could be that flexible... or flexible at all. I couldn't even last a week in hot yoga.

Eva said...

What a great decision. I'm so excited and can't wait to take a class from you. Best wishes.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria, Downbeat, & Eva*

Thanks you guys:)