1/26/09

Sweet yet Annoying

G has a new obsession. Laundry. Every time I leave the house for yoga teacher training, he has about 8 hours all to himself. He usually does the same thing every time I'm gone - he works in his home office, takes Denzel to the dog park, does stuff with wires and cables (???), works out with the intern - you know, guy stuff. But lately, guy stuff includes doing at least, AT LEAST, a couple loads of laundry. Now, I do our laundry during the week. And since it's only the two of us, we really don't have a lot of clothes that have to be washed. But it seems like now that I am out of the house for hours at a time, he wants to the laundry..."his way". This means going through his closet, sometimes reorganizing the closet, searching for missing dirty socks or old workout T-shirts that need to be revived or even creating small piles of clothes all over the office that will eventually be pieced together with other piles, that he wants to wash. Yesterday, as soon as I walked in the door from class, he didn't ask me how my day was or if I was sore or if I learned anything new. The first thing he said was, "Hallo. So, do you have any dark clothes? I've got the washer almost filled, just waiting on you!" And because I didn't have enough dirty dark clothes in my laundry bin, he insisted that I take off all of my sweaty clothes on the spot and throw them in, in order to start the wash immediately. But I guess I should be happy that at least he isn't overloading anymore. Last week I finally managed to convince him that stuffing the washing machine beyond it's capacity is not "efficient" and does not save water and money when the clothes don't get clean and I end up having to wash them a second time. I wish he would develop an obsession with cleaning. Or shopping for presents for his wife.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I laughed out loud. Thanks G!

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

Please don't encourage him!