7/5/07

2 Years 2 Cakes!

Yesterday was our two year anniversary. G and I met on July 4, 2005, in Miami. And the rest is history, our history. So, I decided to surprise G with two cakes...oh yeah, I'm on a role. The first cake is called Marmorkuchen (marble/cake). I was a little nervous about trying the recipe when I realized that I had to use a fork to make the marble pattern in the batter....

Well, as you can see, I'm going to need some practice with that part! My Marmorkuchen is missing the marmor. However, the cake tastes terrific. It's very moist and rich, especially the chocolate half. It reminds me of Marble Cake from home.

The next cake is Kokosnusskuchen (coconut/cake). We really liked this cake. I ate four pieces last night! If you like coconut, this is an easy and fast recipe that will knock your socks off. You can sprinkle powdered sugar or coconut flakes on top but we paired it with a big dollop of whipped cream.

And just because it was our anniversary, we didn't forget about Independence Day. No matter where I am in this world, I am patriotic on the 4th of July. We went to Munich's New York Tabledance to celebrate.

2 comments:

christina said...

Awesome! See? Cake blog!

For the Marmorkuchen if you drop the batter in the pan in big spoonfuls alternating light and dark and kind of making layers (does that make any sense?) you can just run a knife through it afterwards and it'll be nice and marbled.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Christina*

Thanks for the tip! I understand. G's Mom said to use a fork to make "spirals" but I chickened out and used a butter knife, making diagonal slices down the middle. I'll try your method next time:)