12/17/06

Germany & Gospel

Meine zukünftige Schwaegerin (my future sister in law) surprised us with tickets to see The Harlem Gospel Singers at the famous Circus Krone. I'm familiar with Gospel music, as most African Americans are, but I hadn't heard of the world renowned Harlem Gospel Singers. Well, I have to tell you....It was uplifting, it was spiritual, and it was explosive! The music was so powerful and the choreography was outstanding. Yes, they danced! I found myself standing up and clapping along to the music, something I rarley do at concerts. I had no idea Gospel music was popular in Germany. G was skeptical and tired (a.k.a super cranky) from a long day at the Englischer Garten Weihnachtsmarkt but I caught him tapping his feet 30 minutes into the performance. He won't admit it but he enjoyed it too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of fun -- I don't get out as much as I want, the perils of living in small city Germany.