12/15/09

DNA Test

On Saturday, I opened my Christmas gift from G. It was a DNA test kit from African Ancestry. After years of talking about it, I am finally tracing the African ancestry of my Mother's side of the family. By analyzing my DNA, African Ancestry will pinpoint the exact country of origin of my maternal ancestors. In order to receive my results before Christmas, I had to take the test early, which was basically swabbing the inside of my cheeks. I can't help thinking - such a simple test that will produce such profound results... I am almost bursting with anticipation!

2 comments:

Viajera said...

Well... Kudos to you for taking that step. I have always been interested in this, but I fear that when they say they destroy the DNA, they actually store it and then lose track of it. I'm not a criminal, but I'm anxious. Plus, as a Canadian, I am very cognizant that Sept. 11th has given the US rights to subpoena everything from companies. Guess I'm kinda worried that at any point, for any reason, a gov. could have access to my DNA. LOL! NOT a conspiracy theorist, I swear! :D I also heard that the test results are pretty vaue, depending on what you're looking for.

Pretty anxious to hear what your results are, though.

Oh! Fröhliche Weihnachten, BTW.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Viajera*

No worries - I am paranoid too!
But after a lot of research and a review of the company - by myself and one of the biggest skeptics of all time, G - we are both confident that this is the right company for me and the results I have been seeking. And I can't wait to share my results:)

Frohes neues Jahr!