9/30/09

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

If you love the taste of banana pudding but hate the inevitable soggy vanilla wafers that come with making it the old fashioned way (sorry Mama!) - I have a super duper yummy recipe for you. I found this recipe on one of my favorite cooks website, the incomparable, Ms Paula Deen. My Mom and I made it for the first time together, while she was here visiting last month. And on that rare occasion, we both agreed - it was the best banana pudding we have ever tasted. I made another batch last night, because we had a friend over for dinner. G took the rest of the banana pudding to work this morning and I have already received emails thanking me for the afternoon office treat. The recipe is extremely easy - you can not mess it up! Try it out and let me know what you think:)

2 comments:

Rhona said...

I have never heard of this dish. Maybe it is American? In any case, it looks yuummmyyyy! Too bad I can't make it as those delicious cookies, which I only had once while in Miami, are not available here in Canada. I searched high and low and even tried to look for them in the EU but they were not to be found. Maybe one day I will be able to take part in this treat.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Rhonalala*

Yup, it's American!

Maybe you could substitute the chess cookies for another shortbread variety?