9/24/09

Extended Vacation

That was a long vacation, huh? Not one post for the entire month of August. What can I say? Life happens. Ok. First things first. Our family vacation turned out to be the best family vacation EVER. For real. The monkeys were soooooo cool - my favorite memory of Honduras. Can you believe that the first photo is G's Dad? Love it! After the cruise, my Mom came to visit. Fun times - we laughed non stop, shopped non stop and managed to even bake together. I have some yummy From Scratch recipes to post. Since her visit, I have been totally engulfed in yoga. My website is up. Yaaaaah! And I finally found a yoga studio in my area that not only challenges me in my personal practice but also has two amazing teachers that truly inspire me - I know for a fact, I am becoming a better teacher because of them. And finally, we are in the midst of making some really important decisions regarding the next couple of years - we are thinking about finally growing some roots here in the good old USA. More to come:)

6 comments:

Rhona said...

Lovely pics! They are gorgeous. I can't wait to hear about your plans for the future. Too bad because I was thinking that if you returned to Munich, I would love to have met you when I return to DE. :)
What is your yoga website? Totally interested in this. Let me know.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Rhonalala*

Danke! We really had a fantastic vacation:) We have our house in Munich and G's parents are near Frankfurt, so we will visit DE at the very least, a couple times a year. I'd really like to share my website with you but I am a total weirdo about keeping my personal identity anonymous in the blog world. Yes, I am paranoid. But, as I get back to posting on a regular basis, I really want to and will write more about yoga and teaching. In the meantime, if you want to talk via email, shoot me your email address and we can chat:)

Dominique.Gabrielle said...

hi schokolademädchen.
there is a really good chance that i will be spending the next year on an exhange in germany and i was wondering if you could suggest an ethnic hair salon there, if you know any :)
(im biracial you see)

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Dominiqueguillory*

Hello!
Exactly where in Germany?

Dominique.Gabrielle said...

I'm probably going to be in Muenchen.
It's for an exchange scholarship (i'm only 16) I'm so excited, but I won't be going until the end of next July so I have a lot of time

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Dominiqueguillory*

There are tons of "quickie" salons offering fast cuts/colors/blowouts for one set price. Stay away from them! When I lived in Munich, I searched and searched for ethnic salons - the choices were so limited, my girlfriend (also American) ended up doing my hair. My best advice would be to start searching online for salons in January. Most, if not all of the time, if they offer services for ethnic hair, they will advertise it. Viel Glueck!