7/12/09

Moroccan Style

After three attempts to have dinner at Marrakesh, we finally made it! We were hoping for a fun night - a six course authentic Moroccan dinner featuring live belly dancing - and we left happy and full to capacity. It was our first experience with Moroccan cuisine and it was refreshing to taste some unusual flavors and new spices. The couscous with acorn squash was my favorite. G loved the lamb with honey (sounds strange and smells even stranger) and he couldn't believe he enjoyed the combination of chicken with cinnamon and almonds. He looked at me with wide eyes and said, "It's like a dinner and dessert wrapped into one!"
The belly dancer was intoxicating - we both watched the show in silence!

2 comments:

Maria said...

OOOO!!! I went to Marrakesh when I was in DC four years ago, and I LOVED IT!!! Amazing place!

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

Great minds (and bellies!) think alike!