4/29/09

Prenatal Vitamins

I'm not pregnant. And I'm not trying to get pregnant. But my neighbor, who is three weeks away from delivering a baby boy, was telling me that if I want clear skin and longer hair and nails, taking an over the counter prenatal vitamin will speed up the process. Ah....clear skin? Healthy hair and nails? I was sold! After reading the instructions on the bottle, and searching the internet, it appears that it is safe to take prenatal vitamins, even if you are not pregnant or breast feeding. So, I'm in. Here goes my little experiment. I'll try taking them every day, for six months, and hopefully, see results.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Hmmm interesting! I'll be curious to see how it works!

Kimberly said...

Thank you for the birthday note, he had a wonderful day. Got to see sharks and had plenty of presents to open. Tomorrow morning he and I are heading off to Ny to spend some time with his grandparents!

Thank you for the note on the cds too! I have moved them twice now. Once to Europe (montenegro) and back to Vegas. Part of me wants to toss them and part of me wants to hold on to them for him. I'll probably end up keeping them. *laughs*

Good luck with the Prenatal vitamins. They do work wonders for your body and if by some chance you do end up pregnant, you are good to go. :)

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Laura & Kimberly*

I'm excited to see a difference in my nails and hair but even if there isn't a difference, I am still getting my daily recommended dose of vitamins. It's a win win situation:)

Yvette said...

It's true. I've been advised of their benefits by my family for years. Studies have shown that women who take prenatal/multi vitamins before pregnancy are less likely to suffer from morning sickness during pregnancy- another benefit.

Catarina said...

I didn't know this :o
eheh i'm not the kind of person that takes pills, i really don't like, but if works fine :D

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Yvette*

So why was my family holding out on me?!

Catarina*

I'm ok with taking pills (not in a crack head kind of way but for common ailments) so I can at least give it 6 months.