12/15/08

Monday Thoughts

On impulse, I bought 10 cans of Campbell's tomato soup because out of the blue, I remembered my Grandmother cooking tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for me when I was about 7. I remembered dipping the grilled cheese squares in the soup and how that was the perfect combination to warm me up on a cold winter day. I wanted to capture that memory again. When I got home and tasted the soup, I hated it. Did they change the formula? Totally weird. Now, what am I supposed to do with the remaining 9 cans?


I must be really excited about spending Christmas in America. I started wrapping G's presents today. Then I decided to organize my closet, so that it will be easier to pack this weekend. WTF? I got rid of a lot of old clothes, mostly t-shirts - G calls them my uniform. I also threw away a really nice handbag. Even though I liked the style and brand, I never wore it because it was a gift from someone I really didn't care for. Every time I looked at that purse, I thought of bad memories. But over the years, I never threw it away because I'm...superficial. Today I finally tossed it. It was very cathartic for me. Afterwards, I felt great.

I'm developing an addiction to Wakame.

We went to Josephine's on Saturday and after all the hype - it sucked.

G's company Christmas party is this week.
I asked him what I should wear and he replied, "Maybe leggings?"

4 comments:

Maria said...

Maybe leggings? G, are you metro and I just never realized? LOL! ;-) Kidding man. Good pick. Leggins and sexy boots. Kills 'em every time! :)

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

I know! He is a TOTAL METRO lately. Last night, I caught him staring at me and I'm like, "What is it?" He goes, "Your hair looks great straight. Did you lighten it?" Huh?!?!

jmt said...

Hi. Thank you for commenting on my blog about religion, and my waffling ways of discussing it. :) How did you come across my blog? I like your black background...it makes it easy to concentrate on what you've written.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Tooj*

I think I found you through a comment you left on Motherhood in NYC. When I come across a funny or interesting comment, I always check out the person's blog. Thanks for stopping by:)