9/9/08

On being back...and bloody.

After my longest break from blogging to date - 11 days - I'm back.
And the theme of my blogging break was - Planning. I've been sorting out the final details of our American wedding reception with my Mom, developing an itinerary of places to see and things to do when G's parents arrive from Germany in October, planning a couple of much needed and well deserved mini vacations (Miami & San Fran), and planning Denzel's 1 year birthday party. My baby's growing up! So today, I decided I needed some girl therapy to unwind and de-stress - yup, I headed to the salon. And as I was having a manicure, for some odd reason, one of the manicurist's utensils scratched the top side of my right pointer finger, near the cuticle. I'm not sure what utensil she was using because I had my head down, looking at pictures of Brangelina's new twins for the first time in People. But the pain caught my attention. And then came the blood. She immediately started apologizing and trying to clean the cut with antiseptic. But for what seemed like 10 minutes, she was totally focused on stopping the bleeding and continuing to apologize while I was more focused on not allowing my blood to drop on her table or touch any of her utensils. It was an interesting dance between the two of us. Isn't that crazy - that I was so paranoid about my own blood? So much, that although my finger was bleeding and stinging, all I could think about was not contaminating her work area. I kept thinking, I would not want to have a manicure on a table where someone else bled all over it. Right? Eventually the cut dried up and everything was fine. My nails are very purty and I am officially caught up on all of the celebrity gossip, babies, beach bodies, and fall fashion.

Aren't the never ending supply of trashy magazines one of the best perks about the salon:)

3 comments:

Anja said...

You have some nice events ahead of you and you do get to enjoy the advantage of an intercontinental marriage by celebrating your wedding twice :-).
I wonder how your in laws will like their stay in the US.

Trips to Miami and San Fran? Sounds very much like fun!
After having a summer with real ugly weather over here and now having to face fall with all the rain and winds I am also very much looking forward to spending some days in Miami at the end of November over Thanksgiving.

I hope that lady did not hurt you too much. Seems like people see "red" when they see blood ....:-).

M360 said...

Awww... wedding reception... how sweet!

Oh and regarding the manicure mishap... I smell a lawsuit! LOL! I kid I kid!

At least your fingers look great right?

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Anja*

Yes, I am super excited about my second wedding celebration!

And then hanging out in Miami together is like the icing on the cake - that's the city where we first met. That's cool that you will be there over Thanksgiving. I hope you have a traditional American Thanksgiving dinner:)

Mental 360*

See how crazy I am? I didn't event think about a lawsuit...damn!

When I got home, I asked G, "Do you like my nails? Well, you better! I BLED for this french manicure!"