6/30/08

The Dancing Crab

Have you heard of the famous steamed Maryland Blue Crabs? The ones that are served whole and you have to use a mallet to crack open the shell and then navigate your way through all of the sticky gooey stuff to pluck out the sweet delicious meat? Well, we decided to try them for the first time and they were awesome! We met up with Maria & Kevin & The Boy on Friday night at The Dancing Crab and gorged ourselves with crab meat, fries, and hush puppies. I have to admit, when I smashed my first crab and looked at all of the internal organs, I was a little bit intimidated. It was strange to just push aside the lungs (yes, lungs) and dig for meat in the tiny little creature. But by my second crab, I was concentrating too hard on finding the meat to think about my conscious! Horrible, I know. But we really had a fun night with Maria and Kevin. It's amazing how much you can see your own relationship in another couple's relationship:) And The Boy is soooooooo adorable and smart. Seriously, the baby knows sign language! And he was a total ladies man with all of the waitresses at the restaurant. I really think Maria and Kevin will have their hands full when he becomes a teenager. I mean, gorgeous and smart...Meine Güte!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Is that your baby? ;-) We had a great time too! It was awesome hanging with you two again!

Anonymous said...

Uhhh, I miss seafood and hush puppies *drool* Only 4 months to go till I can enjoy a nice juicy Maryland Crab Cake!