12/8/07

Wochenrückblick

What a week! I had my final Deutschprüfung (German Language Test) on Wednesday and I passed! I not only passed but I performed well above average. I'm proud of myself, because the last couple of weeks have been very difficult for me emotionally and I've been so preoccupied with Denzel. I haven't had the desire or time to study as much. I forgot how cool but still extremely time consuming it is to raise a puppy. And I've taken him to class every day! The third and final intensive course begins on Monday. I'm excited about the last course because this is where all of the hard work from the first two courses come together and when I complete it, I should be, dare I say, fluent. I'm serious...fluent! Hmmmm.... We shall see:)
And my girlfriend will continue in the course too. Learning German is so much easier when you can talk about girl/expat stuff during the breaks. Yup, she's also American and married to a German. And Denzel? He had a busy week. He had his first check up (he has a little cold), first day of school (he's already a Lady's Man), a ton of new toys and treats (he's afraid of the mini soccer ball), and his first experience walking on a leash (he's not a fan). We can only walk him for about 10 minutes at a time so I usually carry him in my shopping basket. I think he likes it because he's so warm. He just sleeps the entire time.

And he loves his new rope.

But paper towel rolls are fun too.


3 comments:

Maria said...

Is Denzel winking at me?

Oh, and after having been gone for over six months, I was simply proud to be able to know the German words in your post. LOL! The DoD has a contract though for online courses, and I am going to sign up for German. I think it'd be fun... and keep me in practice for the visits I am going to have to start making! :)

Elemmaciltur said...

Woohoo! Herzlichen Glückwunsch zur bestandenen Prüfung. Jetzt, wo Du schon so gut wie fließend Deutsch sprechen kannst, kann ich Dir ja auch auf Deutsch schreiben, gel?

Jedenfalls, ich drücke Dir ganz doll die Daumen für den nächsten Kurs.

Ach ja, und Denzel ist ja super süß!

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

Yes, he is! I think that's awesome about the German course. You have a good background so you will be able to pick it up faster than you think. And yes, you need to start thinking about visiting Germany again...I'm thinking Munich:)

Elemmaciltur*

Vielen Dank für die Glückwünsche! Mein Mann ist so stolz. Ab 2008 werde ich einige Posts in Deutsch schreiben!