12/13/07

Glühwein

One of my favorite things about Munich is spending a winter afternoon or evening at a Weihnachtsmarkt or Christmas Market.
Last year, G was my tour guide and naturally, he introduced me to Glühwein. I did not think I would like it. It is literally spiced red wine, served warm. But after my first cup, I was hooked. It was not that I started to like the taste but, how can I say this without sounding like an alcoholic....it gives you a little extra pep in your step and the cold weather seems a lot warmer! Well, this season, I discovered
Weiß-Glühwein, which is made with white wine instead of red wine. Yummy! And on Saturday, we are going to Germany's most famous Weihnachtsmarkt -
der Nürnberger Christkindlesmarkt.

6 comments:

The Big Finn said...

I had a little 'vin chaud' in France this past weekend, and I have to admit that it packed a pretty big wallop! Of course, I drank it on an empty stomach; maybe that had something to do with it.

Maria said...

I first had vin chaud while in France, and then Gluewein in Germany... this year I must make my own...and I will as soon as I have power.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

The Big Finn & Maria*

Glühwein = good times...:)

Maria said...

Yea, but I still don't have power, so no wine for me. :(

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

I'm trying to SKYPE you now!

Maria said...

I can't skype at work. :(