5/21/09

Thinking in German

Why is it so hard to stop in Target, get what you need, and leave? Why is it, that no matter how simple the item, you only recall that item - the purpose of your trip - after you have a shopping cart filled with twenty other items you didn't even realize you needed? I decided to stop in Target this afternoon, with the intent of grabbing a bag of Dingo's, and thirty five minutes later, I found myself looking at cream cheese. I glanced at one of the packages and saw the word, Pfeffer. Pfeffer means pepper in German. So I immediately thought to myself -- ughhhh....how odd....cream cheese with pepper....when did they start making cream cheese with pepper? And then I looked at the package again and slowly read, '...Consumers PREFER the taste of Philadelphia...' Can you imagine? How crazy! That moment was the best part of my day. Funny.

4 comments:

Yvette said...

Ha, ha. That’s funny. I can tell you it happens to me occasionally, too. Maybe it’s a sign that you’re missing your second home.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Yvette*

Maybe?! Girl, yesterday while shopping, I was talking to G in German and our conversation was flowing, it was awesome. And then I got stuck - I said, "What is that word...I just can't think of it..." The word was AFFORD! He gave me the side eye like, of course, I would forget the German word for AFFORD!!!!!!

Maria said...

Target has some supernatural power over me too!

I might be out in DC for three months. I'll find out in the next few weeks. Will you share your schokobons?

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

I got you!

Please email me (personal account) and let me know your plans - I would love to see you and hang out:)