3/28/09

Gauchos Galore

With promises of swordfish and salmon, G finally persuaded me into going to a Brazilian steakhouse, Chima. And after a fun farewell dinner for our friend, who at this very moment is on a plane heading home, all I have to say is - wow - it was pretty damn good. I don't eat beef, pork, or chicken, but our five friends thought the selection was excellent - 16 rotisserie meats and the fish, which I thought was seasoned and grilled just the way I would do it myself. Yum.

I honestly savored each and every bite because I've been really really considering and much to G's dismay, obsessing (ha!) about giving myself a healthy birthday present this year ---
going green. Becoming a vegetarian. Think I can do it? Only one more week to decide....

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm mostly meat free at this point. My challenge is to rid ourselves of dairy. My son loves cheese though, so I'm not sure how that'll work. We'll have to see... the rest of the meat... well, a few times a month, I get a pass. For now.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

I love cheese too! Dairy is the hardest. I eat fish on average, 5 times a week - so it's going to be really tough to replace those meals with something vegetarian. I think I need to get a vegetarian cookbook.