10/24/08

The Fine Print

Well, after two hours of sitting in the dentist's chair with my lips pulled back and an intense tingling (almost slow burning) solution on my teeth, I'm happy to say that Zoom definitely worked for me. I saw instant results. My teeth look ten years younger. Really. However, in the process of telling me about all of the wonderful benefits of Zoom, my dentist forgot to mention two important things. One, the shooting pains called "zingers" that are like the feeling you get from brain freeze, except in a single tooth. These random "zingers" last for 24 hours. And two, for 48 hours following the procedure, I could only eat white foods. Anything that would stain a white t-shirt was considered off limits. My diet consisted of Cream of Wheat and Grits, which is always nice for breakfast but for dinner...not so appealing. So the with the "zingers", the bland diet, and also having two fillings replaced on the same day, I was a walking nightmare. But my teeth look fantastic! For my first day without pain and back on colored foods, G and I were invited to the soft opening of Passion Fish, which means everything is complimentary - it's part of the training process for the waitstaff and a nice way to entice customers that live in the neighborhood. The official opening is tomorrow. Man oh man. The raw bar and sushi selections were excellent and the fish - perfect. We truly enjoyed everything we tried. Our dessert was especially cool.

No comments: