2/4/08

Ein typischer Sonntag

Sunday mornings, we usually take Denzel for a long walk through the Englischer Garten. It's the perfect place to train him off the leash and the perfect place for Denzel to meet other friendly dogs. The Englischer Garten is beautiful but huge, so over time, we've narrowed down our own little area. We are even starting to meet the same people. So every Sunday, I ask G the same question about the mounds of dirt I have to step over in the fields. And he gives me the same answer, "Maulwürfe" ......or moles. I can't tell you why, but the idea of moles, living and borrowing so close to our home, is really strange to imagine for a city girl, like myself. Moles?

2 comments:

Maria said...

They exist in the US too, but groundskeepers/municipalities tend to "flush them out" (I'll let you use your imagination) and/or trap them, because of the unsightly mounds of dirt. Sad really...

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

Ohhhh....that is sad.