10/24/07

Dubai

We spent the second half of our honeymoon in Dubai. It's one of the coolest places I've ever visited. It's an ultra modern and international city, with unbelievable shopping, the desert, and such exotic and rich cultural experiences, all rolled into one. It is now one of our favorite destinations. We've already started looking for flights for New Year's Eve! As expected, the Burj Al Arab is spectacular. We spent a lot of time relaxing on the beach with this view...

We went camelback riding in the desert...

I even tried sandboarding!

We also shopped at a spice and gold souk.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Sandboarding looks awesome!

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Maria*

It was so much fun - after you fall for the first time, you lose all fear and really go for it. The only negative side was that I was full of sand (from the rootie to the tootie) afterwards!

EuroTrippen said...

Oh wow, I'd LOVE to visit Dubai!! It looks every bit as cool as I've imagined it would be...